Monday, October 13, 2008

Losing my Camera

Coming to think of it, it was a bad way to lose something precious. But I did lose it. Last summer, just before a holiday to Connoor, I had purchased a Canon A470 digital camera from Haridas Market in Abids. It was a tad below, 5500 rupees way below the official cost of Rs 8000. I used it merrily during the vacation and in Kerala. The pictures came out well, and it was worth the cost. I also decided to use it to shoot the pathetic conditions of our civic amenities in the twin cities.
I did about four of five such assignments for your blog, before someone, somewhere flicked my camera. I only have a hazy recollection of having it in my laptop bag and in a 24 hour span, it simply disappeared. I initially felt bad on losing it, but have now reconciled to the fact that many of my friends have lost more expensive mobile cameras. I lost a camera whose value one would have got a basic mobile phone. Kya Kare. I am now on a hunt to buy another camera, albeit a one with a better zoom.

No comments: